- Back to the Future celebrated its 30th anniversary this past weekend on July 2. To honor this occasion, how about we make a DeLorean out of Pepsi Cans?
- When you’re done with the DeLorean, let’s try something harder – a Star Wars Millenium Falcon made completely out of cardboard (and down to the last, ventilation-pipe detail).
- Speaking of Star Wars – the competition for best engagement photo has just reached new heights. Remember the zombie engagement photos of last season? Well Adrian and Adeline have topped it with their ‘Love Saga’ Star Wars photoshoot.
- The title of this YouTube clip says it all: Jon Snow VS White Walker Lightsaber + Army of Darkness (video).
- Article explores the inspirations behind, and lasting influence of Dune. In the past 50 years, Dune’s tale of dessert boy turned hero of prophecy has captivated sci-fi audiences and spawned the entire Star Wars saga.
- After celebrating 30 years of Back to the Future, and 50 years of Dune, it’s now time to celebrate 400 years of holograms. This article takes us back to the camera obscura of 1584, through Pepper’s ghost, all the way to the holographic Spanish protests of this past April. Missed this last story? Check out how thousands of Spaniards joined a virtual demonstration against a new protest law in Spain (video).
- Gearing up for SDCC this week? Research the anatomy of cosplay from the recent Montreal Comiccon. Also, check out these Redneck Avengers (Reddit).
- For the Love of Spock, a documentary by Leonard Nimoy’s son, Adam Nimoy, reaches its $600,000 Kickstarter funding goal! Watch out for the film sometime next year.
- Finally some good news for space! After a derailed supply mission and a devastating SpaceX explosion, the International Space Station at last gets a refuel from a Russian Soyuz rocket. NASA lost contact with New Horizons on July 4th, but now NASA’s Pluto flyby mission is back on track.
Posts Tagged ‘Spock’
Of my friend, I can only say this: Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most…. human.
– James T. Kirk
In honor of Leonard Nimoy. A man who has traveled to the center of the galaxy, back in time, and into our hearts. We will all miss you. (NY Times Article, The Final Frontier movie script, Memorial Video).by