- Concept artist Bruno Leblanc reimagines the characters of Frank Herbert’s Dune. (See also LeBlanc’s space miner and humanoid mecha design).
- Firefly’s Morena Baccarin to play mutant shape shifter Vanessa Carlyle, aka Copycat, in upcoming comic-book movie Deadpool. (More about Deadpool, Copycat wiki).
- Oregon brewery makes Ninkasi beer with space yeast.
- Classing it up? Eat your sushi with a deluxe Enterprise sushi set. The saucer doubles up as a soy sauce holder (product page).
- This is a crazy solar spring! Last week, we topped off St. Patty’s day, and the vernal equinox with solar flares, stunning auroras (awesome NASA pic), and a solar eclipse.
- In anticipation of the Interstellar blu-ray release, the internet is abuzz with 1) the launch of a free Interstellar-inspired time capsule (video trailer); 2) an Interstellar text adventure game; and 3) the release of the original alternate ending to Interstellar. (Bonus round: Quora post on the physics of those giant waves).
- A little closer to home, BBC news reports that natural lava tubes on the moon can house permanent bases.
In honor of the 50th year anniversary of the very first space walk, by Russian cosmonaut Alexei Leonov (Times article), we bring you a moonwalking giant panda. Though pandas have yet to be sent into space (as far as we know), let’s not forget the contributions of other animals towards space flight. These daring creatures paved the way for Alexei Leonov, Neil Armstrong, and the NASA missions today. (more…)by
- Nick Acosta creates stunning visual images of the original Enterprise, as if the ship were in Star Trek movies today. See Nick Acosta’s gallery here, and a Verge article about his work.
- International Space Station Astronauts geek out about Star Trek (article with video).
- Star Wars fan builds Imperial Speeder (article), showcases a video of his working drone.
- Dozens of new Star Wars books to launch prior to ‘The Force Awakens’ (article).
- Comic artist Vincent Segrelles creates beautiful desert landscapes (Pinterest Page), with funky alien dragons (cover illustration) and trapped damsels (Pinterest image NSFW).
Of my friend, I can only say this: Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most…. human.
– James T. Kirk
In honor of Leonard Nimoy. A man who has traveled to the center of the galaxy, back in time, and into our hearts. We will all miss you. (NY Times Article, The Final Frontier movie script, Memorial Video).by
Previous 1 … 11 12 13